The hour-long interviewed covers a range of interesting topics and sheds light on some previously unknown aspects of the U.S.-Iranian political alliance at the time.
- just how essential the Shah (personally) and Iran were to U.S. foreign policy goals in the Middle East and Asia from the late 1960s through the 1970s
- how Nixon personally gave the green light for Iran to raise it's oil prices
- how the OPEC oil embargo and rising price of oil shifted the balance of power in the Shah's favour
- the Saudi role in worsening Iran's economy and weakening the Shah's position
- the personal relationships between the Shah, Nixon, Kissinger and surrounding figures